The best age to photograph a baby is 8 months.
Why, you ask? Here are seven compelling reasons why I could photograph 8-month-olds every day and never tire of it!
1. An 8-month-old can smile, laugh, and make delightful expressions.
2. An 8-month-old can move around, sit up, do tummy time... but not escape! Once they get walking on two feet, look out! Little Speedy is off to the races.
3. After 8 months, Mommy's had time to get back to her pre-pregnancy body, so she's looking and feeling fabulous too!
4. Unlike with newborns, we don't have to wait for an 8-month-old to fall asleep before posing her.
5. By 8 months, a baby is starting to display the looks and personality of the child she will grow into.
6. When we think of the word "baby" 8 months is the stage we have in mind. That famous "Gerber baby" was right around 8 months.
7. If you love adorable roly-poly chunky cherub legs and squishy cheeks, 8 months is prime time for portraits.
Thank you to our gorgeous model babies and mommas above: Lisa with baby Alyssa, and Jamie with baby Everly.